How might a tool function as an extension of its user? How might different tools transform our relationships to our environments?
Lab: Make tools for listening to vibrations in objects and surfaces using piezoelectric transducers.
Tools used: Soldering iron.
To be read / reserved before class:
- Please check out an audio recorder from the Equipment Center (see slides below for instructions!).
- Kevin T. Allen, “Sonic Geologic” [an investigation into non-anthropomorphic hearing], Phonoscopy.
- Kevin Beasley, A View of a Landscape, Whitney Museum (2018-19).
- Nicola Giannini, Inner Out.
- No reading response this week.