What forms of collectivity and community are made possible through the circulation of convivial tools? How might industrial tools and black-boxed digital tools promote different social forms?
- Shannon Mattern, “Community Plumbing,” Places Journal (July 2018).
- Anna Hult and Karin Bradley, “Planning for Sharing – Providing Infrastructure for Citizens to be Makers and Sharers,” Planning Theory & Practice 18:4 (2017).
- Check out the West Philadelphia Tool Library and this map of other tool libraries.
- And peruse Zach Blas’s Queer Technologies Collection (2007-12).
- If you’ve chosen to respond to today’s texts, please post your reading response by 11:59pm the night before class!